Thursday, November 7, 2013

Eighteen

Eighteen.

The number of CFL games in a season.

Where did the time go?

We spend the off season yearning for football and then poof it's all over.  Well, nearly.  In case you missed it, my Saskatchewan Roughriders are in the play offs.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

It would have been nice to go into the playoffs with some momentum.  But we didn't.  I think that has something to do with people feeling a little blaise about the whole thing.  The team was so dominant during those first eight games.  Where did that spark go?  I don't know.  I don't have the answers but I certainly hope the Roughriders coaching staff does.  I hope that they've been holding back.  I did even hear Sportscage's Rod Pederson comment a few weeks ago about seeing practice and seeing things that would make our jaws drop open.  I hope so, Roddy!

I'm disappointed in the whole Cornish - Sheets debate.  It was a media thing.....pitting them against each other.  In my mind the best back will be the one who gets to hoist the Grey Cup.  What happens in the regular season is nice, but getting that cup is the real prize.

Nine Roughriders were named to the All Star Team.  There were several names on there that made me cheer.  I've been a big supporter of Darian Durant for years now.  I was so happy to see his name on the list.  Also Dwight Anderson.  I know people don't care for him.  I love his passion.  I love the commradery he brings to the team.  He was terrific when I met him.  He liked my Party in Ridernation tee shirt.

Okay so this Sunday is the West Semi Final.  The Roughriders get to host it.  I've heard plenty of complaining about ticket sales.  I think the problem is all the extra Grey Cup seating.  Usually the game would be sold out.  With all the extra seating and it being winter now.....people aren't jumping to buy tickets.  Fans also aren't really sure which Rider team will show up.  Personally, I think we've got this.  I feel the butterflies but that can be a good thing.  I just know that the hype doesn't seem to be there.  I'm not seeing the people wearing the colors on game day.  I'm not seeing or hearing people talking about it.  The Riders need to win this game and then I'm sure everyone will be honking their horns and gearing up.

One thing I know for sure.....I'm not ready for this season to be over.

Go Riders Go!  Let's tame those Lions!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well it's do or go home. We have to beat BC and then we have to beat Calgary and then we have to play in the Grey Cup game and win. Thank you for sharing my hopes!

      Delete