Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Dream It

I don't know if many of you remember that right after the preseason I said I'd eat my Rider flag if Keith Toston wasn't The Guy.

I lied.

I didn't eat it.  Good thing too because we finally saw him start against the Stampeders.  He looked great.  I like the speed he has.  The problem is that I now really like Allen too and I love how Messam can be a threat too.  Do I dare say that Toston might be Next Year Guy?

No matter what, I miss Kory Sheets at RB like crazy.

I'm really tired of a couple debates going on around the water cooler these days.  The first being 41 year old Kerry Joseph.  Ugh.  It feels like that's his complete title now.  Forty-One Year Old Kerry Joseph.  *eye roll*  You know what?  I love it.  Who says life ends at age 40?  If a guy is in shape, can still take the reps, and throws darts and threads needles like KJ showed us in the last two games...then BOOYAH!  Wow. The Kerry Joseph has played amazing.  Let's drop the age.  It doesn't matter anymore because his playing and mentality has totally changed the focus on the team...motivated everyone and made this rabid fans jaw drop every time he throws down field.  Wow.  And also if you don't believe that Joseph could lead the Riders to a playoff run and possibly a legendary Grey Cup repeat...then we don't want you on the bandwagon.

You have to believe.  You HAVE to.

And to those of you who are making our 9-8 record a big deal... I say to you... 1989.  Riders were 9-9 in 1989 and won the Grey Cup in a much similar situation as the team is in this year.  Two quarterbacks...Burgess and Austin.  A dream season.  It could happen again.

The other topic is will or will not Darian Durant play again or in the play offs.  I am soooooooo tired of all the sports guys talking about this.  What I know from following Darian's career is that he has tremendous heart and emotion for the Riders.  I think it's killed him standing on the sidelines watching the team falter.  I know it would if I were him.  I also know he's not letting the media see everything.  I'd bet my signed Dario's box if he was not already throwing at home or in the back yard or in the locker room.  Sure, we want Darian to be safe.  It would be horrible if Doubles returned too soon and got re injured.  It would be a Lulay situation.  But how can he not try?

Then OHEMGEE he threw a few balls at practice Monday.  My Twitter notifications lit up like my neighbors already displayed Christmas tree.  What I want to see for now, is for Kerry Joseph to start and throw Darian in for short yardage situations.  Just having Darian dress would be an amazing boost for Rider Nation.

How did you like the snow Monday?  Felt a little like playoff weather didn't it?  I admit that the feeling of dread in my stomach didn't last for long when I reflected on this time last year.  In fact, I got a little excited. I got play off butterflies.  It was fantastic.

So lets talk playoffs.  West or East?  Well, we did the west last year.  I like our chances against eastern teams much more.  I don't think travel or time change is a factor anymore.  The division doesn't matter because without a home playoff the Riders travel anyway.  Since the time changed last weekend traveling east is only an hour different now.  I'd rather have to play the TiCats or Argo's or Allouettes for that matter, than confront the Eskimo's or Stamps.  Can you imagine the story lines that would/could be written?  No team has successfully advanced to the Grey Cup through a cross over.  Saskatchewan Roughriders Eastern Division Champions.  Imagine that?!  Crazy eh?  

I love it.

Darian Durant had a dream last year.  He heard in his dream Cuthbert & Suitor announcing the Riders as 2013 Grey Cup Champs.  Maybe he can dream again....

..... and the Saskatchewan Roughriders are your REPEAT Grey Cup Champions.

Think it.  Dream it.  Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment