Friday, November 9, 2018

Friday Football Five

Can you feel it? The excitement is mounting and I've heard there are less than 2,000 tickets available for Sunday's Western Semi Final game in Regina's Mosaic Stadium.

1.  I've spent all week thinking about what clothes to wear to the Remembrance Day Labour Day feeling play off game between our Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.  I already own ski pants and I think layering 3 or 4 tops/sweaters under my winter coat will suffice.  I have shearling lined winter boots and we've been trying on various styles of mittens.  I'm still toying with the idea of going to Cabella's for some of those hot pocket doo-dad's for extra warmth.  Do I go with Santa hat or the standard tuque or both?  Oh and I've also got a blanket to sit on or be wrapped in.

2.  The players have been commenting on how cold it feels and apparently Coach Jones is tired of hearing about it.  For many of these players, they haven't experienced snow before never mind this depth of cold.  Hubby reminded me of how Lancaster and Reed would dip their hands in freezing water to acclimate themselves to the cold.  All I know is, I'm happy my team is talking about the weather and not concerned with pumping in crowd noise.  By the way, these leather mittens sound louder than thunder sticks.....

3.  As concerned as I am with what I'm wearing, it's possible that a major key to the game is similar.  A running game is only as good as your footing is sure.  So Bombers if you're reading this...who needs tread on cleats?  I jest.  Kind of.  At the same time, ball security can be an issue too.  Can you hold on to the ball?  Grip is sure a lot different at -20 than it is +20.  I trust the Jones regime and I'm sure they've prepared for all scenarios.


4.  As hopeful and confident sounding as I am about winning Sunday's game (because I think we have all the tools in place)  I've also thought about my feelings for this being the end of the 2018 season and I can only say this - I'M NOT READY FOR IT TO BE OVER.  Our offence needs to score at least 14 points, our defence has to do it's thing and a special teams play would be super fun as well.

5.  On the Thursday morning CKOM Gormley show the guests were the Mayors of Saskatoon and Regina.  They declared today Rider Green Friday and Mayor Fougere discussed making a bet with the Mayor of Winnipeg.  I've dug out my BEL13VE tee shirt which I had the entire team (almost) sign at Fan Day in Saskatoon during training camp.  I'm carrying the team on my back.


As always - Go Riders!  I'll catch y'all on the flip side where Rider Nation is all hoping to be rejoicing in the win and planning for the West Final.  As always, find me on Twitter (@smilingsandra) or join us on ABC Rider Fans on Facebook.  Let's make a new memory together at beautiful Mosaic Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment