Friday, December 21, 2018

Merry Christmas

Instead of posting my usual list of the Friday Football 5, I'm taking this opportunity to share.  Christmas Eve is Monday and I'm sure most football fans are checking over their Christmas lists twice, attending parties and visiting with family and friends.
My cookie sheet advent calendar - are you ready?
If you find yourself hiding from *that* coworker in the staff bathroom don't fear...we've all been there and while you're hiding why not peruse last Friday's Football 5 Christmas Edition.  Since I published that post the Roughriders re-signed Zach Evans, Patrick Lavoie and Loucheiz Purifoy. Spencor Moore was traded to the Montreal Alouettes.  Willie Jefferson has not re-signed as I'd hoped but there's always time for Rider Claus to come through with that one.  While nothing has happened in regards to the CBA the CFL did release the 2019 schedule December 20th which made many of our weeks and proceeding that all the Roughriders media took to keyboards dissecting and commenced complaining.  The 13 days of shopping on the Rider Store website was over but they've continued with other sales and while you'd never get it in time, even though I got mine in 2 days, it won't be a Christmas present at this point.  Still, there are some great buys and if a special student happened to give you a gift card - this might be a good time to spend it.
Schedule posted on Riderville.com
The kids are out of school today (Dec 21st) and if you're looking to make a special memory with them, spending time in the kitchen baking and decorating cookies is a terrific way to do it.  Some of my best Christmas memories are doing that with my mom and later on with my niece and nephew.  Don't have a recipe?  Check out my mom's tried and true recipe in my blog For the Cookie Loving Football Fan.  

Those same kids making you crazy?  Ready to send them back to school?  Why not click on the Power Rankings tab at the top of this blog page and share a laugh over all my various "art" rankings throughout the 2018 season.  Sit down with a glass of eggnog & pull out the art supplies and do some adult colouring of your own.  It sure helps me through every season and it might help you as well.

Next week what can you expect once Christmas is over and we're all dazed from Turkey hangovers?  I have two exciting blog posts planned for you.  I'm going to recap all the major Roughriders and CFL stories which have impacted us over 2018.  There are many.  I'm also going to reflect on the blogs I've posted which were the most viewed and which people/fans connected with the most and also follow up with how those blog subjects turned out.  Check back on this page or all the various social media outlets for those posts and if you really don't want to miss out consider subscribing by email.


Thank you for reading this blog and sharing with me through this last year.  I wish you and yours the happiest and merriest Christmases ever.  I hope you see the magic of the season and feel the love shared throughout the holidays.


No comments:

Post a Comment