Friday, October 26, 2012

5 Things Football Friday

1.  What is the big deal about the cold?  This is Saskatchewan and when it gets towards the end of October and into November we get this thing called winter here.  I understand many players come from places where it doesn't get cold or it doesn't snow, but they are here now and this is what it's like and this is how it's done.  Get over it!  And for what it's worth, I think the media is making a much bigger deal out of it than the players care.

2.  That whole Shea Emry "fine" is a travesty.  If I walked up to someone on the street and punched them in the groin I'd be charged with assault.

3.  I'm glad to see Jaimie Boreham back but I was silently hoping for the return of Eddie Johnson.  I loved Eddie Johnson and I met him once.  He was great to fans.  I also loved the mustache.  He was uber cool.

4.  The name calling drama with Dominic Picard and what's-his-name-Bowman should be under review as well.  It is not okay to call anyone a racial slur.  Bowman should know better.....he does play for Montreal after all.

5.  Every week I love Corey Chamblin more.  He is a smart smart man.  I also feel the same way about Joe Lobendahn and Odell Willis, although it might be weird to lump them all together.

Parting thoughts:  With all this talk about cold I am reminded of the Western Final in 2010 against the Stamps.  Here's a little video to remind you all too.


4 comments:

  1. Winter is winter. People who don't like it can go to Florida.

    Tim Horton's rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of the players do come from warm states. For some they've never experienced our weather. But....they have a job to do...and good grief -3 is nothing. Just wait until it's -30.

      Tim Hortons is a favourite place for sure. They're coming out with special items for Grey Cup too.

      Delete
  2. I've got to get to Saskatchewan some time and experience this football flurry. Here (province) it's hockey and even here here (region) there is very little talk of NHL - especially this year.

    But this football thing.. just makes me go wow.. we're (Canada) really amazing.. since meeting you it's naturally been on my radar more and the boys who play Canadian football are wicked tough.. I was going to ask if the players from the states have a hard time adapting to the differences - but yeah, I'd guess the weather might be one of the biggest lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an adjustment to go from American football to Canadian but they've had all season to adjust so by now that shouldn't be an issue. Unless they were just brought in which most teams don't with only 1or 2 games left.

    There is also a ratio. So many of the players must be Canadian. I don't know what the ratio is.

    It took a little for me to understand rules. But it was fun learning. Even now I don't remember terminology but I know what should happen.

    Yes. Everyone should experience a Rider game!

    ReplyDelete