Sunday, July 7, 2019

Sandra's WK4 CFL Power Groupings


Here we are with Week 4 in the CFL complete.  How did your team fair?  Before I give you my perspective let me catch you up on how my Power Groupings are different from other rankings.  Typically sports people do Power Ranking which numerically ranks teams from 1 to 9 (or more depending how bad they stink).  Instead of this traditional ranking I started doing a Grouping instead.  There are three groups labelled A, B & C.  This means there is no official number 1 team and instead the A group is the best in my opinion for that week.  Cool right?  The other thing is, I really don't take any of this very seriously and I don't think you should either.  I mean, sports is fun right?  The drawing is cathartic...especially after another Rider loss... *gag*.   So please with all this in mind, don't get upset if what I have doesn't match what you may think a ranking should look like.  

Week 3 can be found here: Sandra's WK 3 Power Groupings

If all you want to see is my fancy schmancy drawings then you can find them under the 2019 Garfunkel's page heading.




Group A - Magicians Hat

You might be thinking I've lost all my marbles and you wouldn't be the first.  As much as it leaves a horrific taste in my mouth to admit it - the Blue Bombers look awesome.  For the love of meatloaf, Nicholls needs to learn to hook slide and not dive head first!  It's careless for his own health but also for the rest of the team.  They are in good hands with Streveler BUT they are at their best with Nicholls.  It's pretty bad when a commentator like Matt Dunigan has to explain to fans and kids why that's not a good move and to protect yourself.

Group B - Pulled a Rabbit Out of the Hat

These teams can be terrific and can also be bad all at once.  Penalties seem to plague them all.  The Hamilton TigerCats have appeared like the eastern team to beat except against the Montreal Alouettes we learned they can't stop the run.  The Eskimos were on bye week in week 4.  The Redblacks were plagued with untimely and costly penalties.  The Stampeders did have their way with the Roughriders and are at an injury deficit yet seemed to pull out a terrific win by coming up with a game plan and executing it with intensity and physicality.

Group C - (Smoke &) Mirrors

The Lions are progressing every week and acheived their first win against the Toronto Aronauts by a missed field goal.  I didn't get to watch this game because I was enroute to the Riders game.  As I said earlier, the Alouettes pulled out a big win against Hamilton by using their run game.  Stanback was masterful and a lot of fans were wondering where this guy came from.  Ufdah on the Roughriders.  They failed in all facets of the game.  The Offensive Line couldn't block a blimp and the Defensive Line which is supposedly our strength were running around like headless chickens.  No tackling.  Fajardo couldn't see the field.  This was an entire team failure from the top down.  This isn't how you want to leave things heading into a bye week.  At the bottom of the heap we find the Toronto Argonauts who are the only CFL team to remain winless.  Will it come in Week 5?

Special thanks to @jcobraRR (Twitter & ABC Rider Fans member) for suggesting this weeks theme. If you have an idea let me know and it could pop up on ABC Football!


No comments:

Post a Comment