Monday, September 23, 2019

Sandra's WK15 CFL Power Grouping

So a weird thing happened this week.  

a) I had a birthday so there are once again no doodles to share & 

b) Teams didn't sort themselves out into 3 groups.

How dare they?  Who am I to force them into a category they don't fit into?  No one wants that.  So today for the first time ever, except for my preseason joking around, we have the teams at the top of the league and teams at the bottom of the league.

Top - Stampeders, Blue Bombers, Roughriders, TigerCats, Alouettes

Bottom - Eskimos, Argonauts, Lions, Redblacks

The theme this week seems to be "pedal to the metal".  Some of the top teams know how to surge back from an early game slumber.  Some teams know how to keep the pressure on and not let up until the final whistle.  Some teams just have a certain something special that propels them to the win when they need it most.  They find a way to win.  The Calgary Stampeders have always had this ingredient.  I've always said you can't count them out.  I don't know what it is but they just always find a way and they have always been the one team good enough to have penalties and meltdowns and find ways to overcome them to win.  Just as the Stamps have this, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers do not.  Lot's of people seem to think the Bombers were too busy thinking they won the game and let the Montreal Alouettes come back but I choose to look at it differently.  I think the Als sat back and waited until the Bombers let up on the gas and then they took full advantage of it.  My Roughriders were on bye week in Week 15 of the CFL however I believe they belong in this group as well because they've had 2 games come down to last minute winning field goals.  Some might say those games shouldn't be so close and maybe they shouldn't be but having a kicker who can come through in one game to clinch the win is cool but doing it twice is awesome.  I only saw bits of the Hamilton game so I don't feel that I can totally comment BUT I did see and hear the outrage over another Simoni Lawrence incident which I am sure *sarcasm alert* he's SO sorry for.  This player needs to be taught a lesson and it's apparent that what happened in game 1 of the season wasn't enough to do it.

It seems some Winnipeg fans and players are also upset that Vernon Adams seemingly ripped off the helmet of Adam Bighill and hit him with it.  Some even called it a weapon.  Well, you know, sometimes a player is just ticked off.  We know RTP calls are iffy at the best of times.  I know some Quarterbacks seem to get them far easier than others.  If a QB fights back then good on him.  Now, I'm not condoning what happened but I can totally see a different side of it.  Will VA get a fine for it?  Who knows.  

As I stated previously I didn't see the Hamilton/Edmonton game closely.  Some are saying Edmonton will be the cross over team and I think it all depends on who is at the helm.  Harris is still out with a hand injury and Logan Kilgore has the reigns.  At times he has flashes of Tino Sunseri and other times he's got flashes of Ricky Ray.  I did see the halftime where number 15 Ricky Ray was honoured and I thought it was really well done and maybe choked up a little when Ray did.  Whether we like him or not we can't deny the CFL legend he is.  I don't know how the Argonauts played because I was at work for that game.  They've named James Franklin Quarterback for the Saturday match up against my Riders.  The BC Lions thumped the Ottawa Redblacks in the Saturday double header.  I heard one Twitter person say their team got beat by the worst in the league.  Dude, I hate to break it to you but, the Redblacks are indeed the worst in the league.  I watched a bit of the post game show with Coach Campbell and I've never seen a coach in such a low state of mind.  They are making a QB change of their own for week 16 and going with Arndt.  Let's hope they can eek out a few more wins to make the season somewhat respectable.  



No comments:

Post a Comment