Sunday, June 9, 2013

Green & White Day 2013


 Technically, they were calling it Riderville North Fan Fest Day.  It's all part of the 101st Grey Cup festivities, however, the Riders do usually travel this way for a special day of autographs and practice.

Last year it rained.

This year it rained cats and dogs.

Does it matter to Rider Nation?  Not one single bit.

Hubby and I arrived a good half hour early.  We stood in line for about 45 minutes.  Unfortunately, due to the conditions the Riders only had 'select' players signing autographs and they were in a tent.  The lineup to see them could have wrapped all around the track at Griffith Stadium.  As one of my Tweeps mentioned I just wish someone would have told us it was hopeless. 
Gainer walked down the line entertaining kids.
 I managed to make it to the tent and had my specially purchased green nerf football signed.  I had wanted to meet Geroy Simon and have him sign it but he was taken away to get ready for practice.  *disappointed face*  But, happily, I did get to meet Dwight Anderson who, strangely enough, was seated beside Weston Dressler.  Weston didn't appear worried about his eyes at all.

Dwight Anderson, Weston Dressler & Chris Getzlaf
A little farther down the line I managed to talk to Ricky Foley and Kory Sheets.  I mentioned to Kory that I'd talked to him on Twitter the night before.  "For real?" he said.  Then he asked my twitter name and he said he actually remembered me.  <swoon>


We stood around for a little while waiting for the scrimmage to start but it was raining heavy again.  Many did stay.  I felt since, I had attended the two previous practices it wasn't necessary. 

That wraps up my week of Rider Training Camp and Fan Day.  This week some of the practices are held at the SaskTel soccer centre and due to work, I can't attend the afternoons at Griffiths.  Work always gets in the way of fun doesn't it?!



2 comments:

  1. You should ask them to let you train with them one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *falls over laughing* Right! I'd get beat up! These guys mean business. The security guard from camp told me that some of the guys don't like to be talked to after their training. yikes! I'd be a big ol' chatter box the entire time!

      Delete