Friday, January 24, 2020

5 of the ALL TIME Most Popular Blog Posts

A lot of CFL fans are done looking back and are now looking forward to the new season.  Well, I'm not one of the usual fans.  I think it's interesting to always take stock of where we are because it helps us to see where we want the future to go.  So I've compiled a list of ABC Football's 5 most popular blog posts of all time - all time being since the inception of this blog page approximately 10 years ago.

Yikes, it's been that long.

< Narrator: It's actually been longer >

So here we go.



5.  This is a little bizarre.  It's a list.  A list on a list.  It's the 5 Most Popular Blog Posts of 2018. Wait...2018?  Well I guess I'm going to have to do a list for 2019 as well! 

4.  Weighing a Response is the 2nd in a two parter about the sizing of CFL merchandise for not only women but every fan in general.  I'm glad that I wrote to the Commissioner and I'm pleased I got a response.  I also think that for the most part this issue has been addressed.  You can read more down below though.

3.  5 Reasons CFL Trumps NFL is number 3 on our list.  I'll admit timing and wording helped me out with this post but it did garner a very nice comment from Drew Edwards telling me he enjoyed this post.  I really appreciate that and am always shocked to find out actual people continue to read my page and follow along!

2.  The Elephant in the Room continues to be a popular post.  It's a recap of the whole Darian Durant saga.  At the time there was a great divide in how fans saw the ex-Rider.  Now that he's been retired basically for the 2nd year there is still nothing that irks more fans than the subject of Chris Jones and Durant as will as the release of other favourite Roughriders.  Do Rider fans ever get over anything?  No not really.

*drum roll*

1.  The number one ALL TIME Most Popular Blog Post on ABC Football (get on with it Sandra) is...Sizing Up the CFL.  This was the first part that went along with Weighing a Response.  It was about the poor sizing of fan merchandise, poor quality and pricing.  Last year NuEra took over the licencing of CFL branded team merchandise.  I saw more variety in fabrics and quality and sizes were available in more options.  The price though... It's not easy to be outfitted in Rider gear without breaking the bank.  Some fans own multiple jerseys and that is great but this fan just can't justify even upgrading from my old Reebok style.  The options have certainly gotten better but they still have a way to go in my opinion.  I know the pricing isn't likely to change soon but I'm happy that the CFL saw a problem and worked to fix it.  That rarely happens...but I'm not naming names there.
This is ABC Football's Top 10

No comments:

Post a Comment