Friday, August 17, 2012

Five Things Football Friday

1.  Top news this week is that Nick Graham and Chris Patrick were released.  Nick Graham was a terrific guy and I know there are several fans out there who will really miss him.  According to coach Chamblin the player ratio came into play.  Sadly, that's football.  Chris Patrick?  Well, he did take a few bad roughing penalties this year which I think directly resulted in the advancement of the other team.  Bad news.  You can't do that dude.

2.  All the Darian Durant haters have broken out of the closet.  When are these people going to realize that he's not going anywhere?  Ron Lancaster was a hot and cold player too.  Look how we look up to him as a legend!  I think what the problem is, we know that Drew Willy can really light things up.  But that is his job as back up.  If we had a backup QB who sucked no one would care.  Anyhow, I am a HUGE Durant supporter and always will be.  Give the guy a break.

3.  Two years ago, at the Saskatoon FolkFest there was a Riderville pavillion.  There should always be a Riderville pavillion.  I know it might be hard to get players out but do we really need the players there to make a pavillion?  There could be Rider costume contests, kicking demonstrations, and cheerleader tryouts.  Food doesn't have to be just stadium food but imagine a real Tailgater!  Buy a burger out of the back of a truck just like on gameday.  For dessert Jerry's Food Emporium could supply Rider Pride ice cream.  Get the Bath Goddess involved for the ladies by having their bath and body products for trial.  I think it needs to happen.  Riderville is a nation after all.

4.  I was in Michael's Craft Store last week and they have a little section of football things for football parties.  I bought football glasses.  *smile*  They had cute little cartons for hot dogs or hamburgers that looked like footballs or fields.  There were napkins and cups and pretty much anything you'd need for a party.  It was all affordable too.  I need to remember this and stock up for Grey Cup.

5.  I have a fellow Rider friend on Twitter who lives outside the province.  He was in desperate need of some of the Co-Op offerings.  I sent him some things, honestly out of the goodness of my heart.....I really am that nice.....and this person *points finger in general direction because you know who you are* was super duper extraordinaire and sent me the most marvellous care package from his town.  I never did it with the expectation of getting anything in return.  This is a little reminder of how great Rider fans are and that we are indeed everywhere.  Let's paint the world green.  =)


No comments:

Post a Comment