Tuesday, August 7, 2012

That's What I'm Talkin' About

I was standing on the boardwalk at Coney Island in April.  Behind me, a 10 year old boy emerged from the restroom.  He walked out into the sunshine, took a look around and said, “That’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout!”

Well, after watching the Roughrider/Ti-Cat game friday night that’s exactly how I felt.  That’s how Rider football is played.  That’s the team I know and love.  That’s what I’m talkin’ ‘bout!

I’m not going to talk about stats.  After all, you can find that stuff out anywhere else and I doubt you’d be reading my musings if you cared about them.  No.  Like any other woman I’m going to start off by mentioning how awesome the white uniforms are!  I didn’t expect the white on white on white.  I’m talking about the white jerseys with the white pants and the white helmets, which, by the way are AWESOME!  Mitchell Blair (I think it was) commented that they looked like Storm Troopers and they took to the field like “the empire was striking back”.  Or something to that effect.  I think that’s a pretty clever analogy.  I wish I had thought of that myself.

I loved how Darian Durant performed and commanded the team.  He was the leader I’ve always known he was.  I loved that we were able to shut down the Ti-Cat running game because I’m sure if they were allowed to get going they could be lethal.  I loved how everybody fought for extra yards and how everyone has learned to tackle.  I also admired the shots of the locker room and how the team seemed to hang on every word coming from Corey Chamblin’s mouth.  

Meow!

The only thing missing was Gainer.  I guess they don’t have gophers in Steel Town.
So you ask, what could possibly improve the games for my viewing pleasure?  Ugh!  Rod Black!  Really?  Oh haha…..you are so funny.  NOT!  Then Duane Forde gets going.  It really bothers me how they run down the Roughriders for three quarters and then suddenly, when they finally realize that the Riders are going to win…..they start with the praise left and right.  Oh yeah, and don’t forget the references to the “green riders”.  Well, Rod, last time I looked we were the only Rider team in the league and even when Ottawa was in the CFL they wore red.

So there.

Also, TSN, I’d really appreciate it if you found more than 3 commercials to run during the game.  I think I can recite last years by heart….. Our Man, Carlos!  (which always sounded like Arland Bruce to me)  There has got to be more than 3 ads that they can run.

The food during the game was excellent.  Hubby and I dined on chicken from the Co-Op, with a football shaped veggie tray and Undressler chips with dill pickle dip.  At half time we ate watermelon.  It was great…..and a great way to kick off the beginning of another CFL football season.

//=S=// GO RIDERS //=S=//

No comments:

Post a Comment